Summary of organization/program
La Maison des Jeunes de Bordeaux-Cartierville is a place open to all area youth ages 12 to 17 years. They can meet to exchange, have fun and participate in many interesting projects.
youth aged 12-17 years old
Dominant Media Forms
The youth center is a resource set up by young people and stakeholders of the district to offer teenagers (12 to 17) a lively meeting place, accessible and available to them offers a listening experience of their , an educational support in tandem with the school and allows them the opportunity to experience freedom. We are here to counter idleness, delinquency and violence.
The youth center is also pursuing the objective of developing adolescents a sense of responsibility, to foster a dynamic involvement on his part in the community and contribute the prevention of crime through the involvement of significant adults.
Statement of Principles
The youth center is a resource set up by young people and stakeholders of the district to offer teenagers a lively meeting place, accessible and available to them offers a listen to their experience, educational support in tandem with the school and allows them the opportunity to experience freedom.
We work to promote the integration, adaptation and youth empowerment.
Samples of work
Click here to view sample projects.
- As non-profit organization, we depend on contributions from public and private sector to provide quality service to our youth. We want to thank all our benefactors who help our organization remains present in the neighborhood.
- Our first sponsor is the City of Montreal and the borough Ahuntsic-Cartierville. For the youth program, the program of fighting poverty and social exclusion, which allows us to offer animation services in parks and open on Saturdays, we can ensure the availability of our services to local youth. This year, the District has also funded the project “a gang of guests” through its program to prevent adherence youth street gangs. In addition, we prepared the Borough premises free of charge and we provide sports equipment and leisure. Our relationship with the District is primarily our Development Officer, and Michel Destroismaisons Deputy Marc-André Chevarie, whom we thank sincerely. Their support is an asset valued for the smooth running of our organization. We also welcome Mr. Pierre Gagnier, Mayor of the Borough and Mr. Harout Chitilan, advise the district of Bordeaux-Cartierville we provide support appreciated.
- The agency also allows us to stay the course in us providing recurrent funding through the program to support community organizations. This contribution allows us to consolidate our services to young people.
- With the drug prevention program run by the Table de concertation jeunesse, we can offer our young people the experience of a summer camp which is always popular.
- The Women’s Community Fund of Status of Women Canada allowed us to cover all costs related to the project and the lilac-Authentik magazine.
- Foundation of Greater Montreal has allowed us to achieve our vision of cooking workshop by providing sufficient funding to carry out the activity for a whole year.
- The Sisters of Providence, through their Foundation Émilie-Gamelin, are a faithful support of our mission to youth. We thank them.
- FRANCISCAN Oblate Sisters of St. Joseph
- We also thank the Oblate Franciscan sisters for their generosity, this year made it possible to experience a winter camp of a few young people who took the opportunity to experience the thrill of the sugar shack.
- The company McKesson, through the United Way Foundation, will enable to purchase computer equipment at the cutting edge of technology to help young people reach their school work.
- The foundation of Canadian Tire Jumpstart has allowed us to purchase equipment for our youth sports nine: cosom-hockey equipment, baseball equipment, tennis racket and ball, tubs pool … We want to thank Rémi Bouchard, owner of Canadian Tire’s Central Market for their kindness and support.
- The Home Depot Foundation gave us an amount that made possible the early work of leasehold improvements to our service point J-2000.
- The stove-bus STM allows us to offer complimentary snacks for our youth.
- Click here to view more information about funding and sponsorship.