Summary of organization/program
MDJ is doing everything it can to help young people head to the right direction to better their future.
youth aged 12-17 years old
The Maison des Jeunes A-MA-Baie was founded on July 17th, 1990. It was – and still is- a drop-in center where youth between 12 and 17 years old can come meet new people, hang out with their friends, and use our resources in a secure environment, regardless of sex, age, or race.
Established: July 17, 1990
Dominant Media Forms
- Make available to young people a place of belonging they can meet and conduct joint projects.
- Offer young people the opportunity to come out of isolation and prejudice in which theyare often confined.
- Provide youth mentoring programs in order to facilitate school integration.
- Promote intercultural exchanges.
- Meet the needs of young people through leisure activities and preventive education, social and cultural.
- Develop a sense of independence among young people both individually and collectively.
- Provide youth services information and referral.
- The brand does not constitute an establishment within the meaning of the law on health services and social services.
Statement of Principles
The DJ A-MA-BAY is a permanent place of meeting, which sets forth the reconciliation, development and vitality of youth aged 12-17 years from different cultures.
At the A-MA-BAIE drop-in, you will find exceptional animators, an abundance of technology at your disposal(giant plasma screen TV, video games, and computers) as well as ping pong, air hockey, foozeball, many board games, and MUCH, MUCH MORE. Whether you come to hang out with your friends, to listen to music, or to meet new people, this is the place for you!