Summary of organization/program
Community of Lasalle
Youth aged 3-18 years old
Dominant Media Forms
The Boys and Girls Club of LaSalle is a community based organization serving youth 3- 18 years. We provide the opportunity to develop personal and community awareness in a secure environment using positive role models.
Our goal is the development of self esteem, leadership skills and positive communication through quality programming that recognizes and ensures every youth’s potential and need for self empowerment.
Statement of Principles
- We believe that all youth should have full accessibility to social, educational and recreational programs and we ensure a safe and healthy environment.
- We believe that self-esteem is of the utmost importance for individual growth, therefore we promote personal skill development.
- We believe that in order to develop leadership qualities, responsibility and a strong sense of commitment, we must provide appropriate opportunities in all we do.
- We believe that the cooperative efforts of the community, staff and volunteers is the cornerstone of our center, therefore to achieve our mandate we must provide the necessary support and training to those involved.
- We believe in developing community spirit, therefore we seek partnerships at all levels.
- We believe in an organization that is flexible and democratic, therefore every individual is valued and supported.
- We believe that to achieve our goa
Through the use of social, recreational and educational activities our Teen Programs strive to promote leadership skills development, positive self-esteem, and cultural sensitivity and awareness to youth aged 13 to 18 years old.
Youth Against Violence is a Program developed by the Boys and Girls Club of LaSalle and is presented in LaSalle area Elementary and High Schools and is an integral part of all of our programs and services. The goal of this program is to educate and promote awareness among youth through discussions and workshops on various topics which they face in today’s society with themes such as: taxing, bullying, drugs (cause and effect), gangs, body art safety, and STD prevention, etc. Another goal of this program is to promote awareness and prevention for youths at a crucial age of teen experimentation and when peer pressure can have a negative impact.
Samples of work
Click on the following link to view sample work: http://www.bgclasalle.com/documents/AR_09_10_eng.pdf
Royal Bank of Canada Foundation
Canadian Tire Foundation
Fondation Jean et Marcelle Coutu
Art & Lise Reeves
Boys and Girls Clubs of Canada
Boys and Girls Clubs of Canada Foundation
Centraide of Greater Montreal
Debbie and Cliff Eaves
Restaurant Nouveau LaSalle
La Maison Sami Fruits
Buffalo Bills Restaurant
Traxx Hair Salon
Krazy Kuts Coiffure
Dawson College Social Service Program
Caisse Populaire Desjardins LaSalle
Monique Jérôme Forget-MNA Marguerite Bourgeoys
Mr. David A. McCall
Mr. R.M. Everson
PFMQ Chartered Accountants
Royal Canadian Legion 212
Royal Canadian Legion Poppy Fund
Shari and Michael Tepper
La CIE Materiaux de Constuction BP Canada
Centre d’hébergement et soins de longue durée
Chevaliers de Colomb
George Hogg Family Foundation
Gestion Turret Inc.
Grace Canada Inc.
|ISS vente et service d’instruments inc.
J.W. McConnell Foundation
John & Cynthia Dismore
Joseph H. Robertson
LaSalle Community Center
MNA Marguerite Bourgeoys
Mo Lave Auto
R. Howard Webster Foundation
Régie régionale de la santé et services sociaux de Montreal
Richard H. Stevenson
Royal Canadian Legion 127
Three Monkey Investments Ltd.
Zellers Family Foundation
Erin Sports Association Inc.
C. Frappier Électrique Inc.
Dr. John McMartin