Summary of organization/program
La Table de concertation jeunesse Centre-South of Montreal is a non-profit organization which intends to bring together youth organizations, autonomous community or nonprofit, as well as their institutional staff working in the area.
youth of all ages
In 1976, as the South Central Youth Committee (CJCS), which was put into place the first youth group in the South Central area.
Originally more of a place of healing and sharing, the CJCS has developed over the years, thanks to the consultation, a component of equity and collaboration.
- Established: 1976
Dominant Media Forms
- Support the organization of community organizations and institutions that work with young people;
- Develop cooperation between agencies to promote the complementarity in the intervention and action;
- Be a hub for collection and dissemination of information on the situation of youth to youth organizations;
- Take action to maintain and develop youth resources and defend the interests and rights of young people;
- Take and express political views about the situation youth;
- Develop and update the analysis of the realities youth;
- Support its members in carrying out projects for the well-being;
- Carry out activities to benefit young foster collaboration among its members;
- Promote the philosophies that put young people at the heart of the projects and activities;
- Promote the training of stakeholders in these philosophies and sharing their knowledge.
Statement of Principles
It aims to promote the interests, rights and causes of youth and member organizations.