Summary of organization/program
The project includes 200 doors HM sixty community organizations that provide public services and activities for children, youth and families of Hochelaga-Maisonneuve. The following three projects include a media curriculum:
REDVDEC looking for volunteers to support their young from now! REVDEC, organization to support young school leavers and teenage mothers, is seeking volunteers in various areas: academic support (French, maths, English) or workshops such as hairdressing, carpentry, painting , sewing, cooking, video production, ect.
Workshops Tell me About It! From September to December . Wednesday afternoon from 00 to 15 h 13 h 00 at the House Small Step (3511, rue de Rouen). The workshop is open to tale any parent wishing to participate. Discover or rediscover the world of fairy tales. Reading and listening to tales and legends. Writing and illustrations of your own story (small groups). Presentation of your production to a group of children. Day care provided by a psychomotor is available for children during the workshop.
• Initiation à l’informatique
• Navigation et recherche sur Internet
• Création et utilisation d’une adresse électronique
• Initiation au traitement de texte
• Formation au site Mon Gouvernement En Ligne
local (Hochelaga-Maisonneuve borough )
youth aged 12-30 years old living in Hochelaga-Maisonneuve borough
Dominant Media Forms
- To mobilize and sensitize the community on issues affecting children, youth and families in the Hochelaga-Maisonneuve
- Provide a continuum of support actions and reclamation activities dedicated to families
- To recognize the Hochelaga-Maisonneuve as a community of stakeholders and actors who support the solidarity children, youth, and families
- Encourage and support the participation of parents and citizens in the democratic life of the neighborhood. Vision Hochelaga-Maisonneuve is a neighborhood where children, youth and families living in challenging environments, security and solidarity . All the actors coordinate their efforts towards the full development and well-being of children, youth, and families, while respecting the role and value of each, with the support of the entire population.
- A pro-active dialogue that identifies people’s needs and plans of actions to address them
- A district where the population is engaged in the democratic life of the neighborhood
- A neighborhood where children develop their full potential: physical health and well being, social competence, emotional, cognitive and language.
Statement of Principles