Summary of organization/program
Pull Focus is a non-profit film school that helps students develop story ideas for compelling, authentic, thought provoking documentary films.
- Anyone who is interested in their mandate and their approach to the use of films for social causes.
Dominant Media Forms
Partner aspiring filmmakers with non-profit organizations that are in need of film content.
- Provide knowledge for documentary realization
- Incubate story ideas with industry professionals
- Develop dynamic team experiences for students
- Create community partnerships with filmmakers
- Create mini docs for fundraising and outreach
- discussion groups
- Creating viable blueprints for long format
Statement of Principles
Students are taught to write, produce, film and edit, broadcast-quality, 10 minute mini docs to advance the media content of charity organizations. These mini docs are useful for fundraising purposes or community outreach work. Films may also be screened on the web, cable TV, private events and functions. Students will also develop a written blueprint for a long format documentary film. Inspired by the “Once Upon a School”, piloted by author David Eggars, Pull Focus has partnerships with grass roots community organizations.
Samples of work