Summary of organization/program
GTA Photography is an organization that runs regular photography classes which are open to the public. They believe in hands-on and practical workshops that not only teach, but also engage. Along with regular classes, they also run teen photography camps.
- Anyone who signs up for photography classes. They also host teen camps which are age specific (ages not listed)
- Established: 1997
- Gta Photography was founded in 1997 when a couple friends asked us, “Do you teach classes?”. “Of Course,” we quickly replied. An intro class was developed over the next month and tailored in a private lesson with just 2 students. They found a new love for photography and we found a new passion for teaching! Over the next two years, the same course was tweaked, revised, and tweaked once more, and it has now become the famous PHOTO 101.
Dominant Media Forms
- We specialize in making our photography classes as interactive as possible.
Statement of Principles
- We ensure limited class sizes
- we set up our studio as a living room style and we let you kick back while we do the rest
- we focus on building a community with our students and keeping them within the field, even when classes are over. We do this through photography contests, social gatherings, semi-annual exhibits and online forums.
Samples of work