Summary of organization/program
CaribbeanTales is Canada’s premier multimedia company producing educational projects based on the rich heritage Caribbean culture and storytelling.
38 Concord Ave, Toronto, ON, Canada
- Established: 1991
Dominant Media Forms
multi media presentations
- To foster and encourage intercultural understanding and citizen participation through the creation and distribution of educational films, videos, theatre, new media programs, resource materials and events that reflect the diversity and creativity of Caribbean-Canadian heritage culture.
- To contribute to an inclusive Canadian society by celebrating the rich traditions of Caribbean heritage storytelling. Especially for an immigrant society such as Canada is, storytelling fulfils a human need that is as vital as living and breathing.
Statement of Principles
CaribbeanTales.ca, our quarterly E-newsletter featuring profiles of Caribbean storytellers, cultural commentary as well as news and events;
- LiteratureAlive, a multi-facetted multimedia project that includes documentaries, audio books, and an educational website, all profiling Caribbean-Canadian authors;
- HeartBeat, a documentary series profiling Caribbean-Canadian composers and musicians,
- Our Voice, Our Story! a Writing Contest for young people Grades 9-12;
- The CaribbeanTales Annual Film Festival, and more….
By sharing stories about the diversity in our lives with our friends, colleagues and neighbors, CaribbeanTales promotes ethno-racial equality within Canada and internationally.
Samples of work
Click here to access samples of projects